Saturday, January 31, 2015

The End of January in Farm Photos

It seemed cold and dreary this week at the farm.  Many of the animals stayed huddled together.  

Everyone in the chicken house getting ready for bed!



This little hen is a guest in the chicken hospital- a straw filled dog crate in my warm office.  She has been keeping to herself and not eating much so I want to keep an eye on her and make sure she gets some extra healthy food and lots of warm water.  Cute isn't she?


Waking up...


A close call with a goose beak..


Couldn't give this chicken a blond wig again if I tried.  What do you think of the look?


My shoulder makes a nice perch.


"It's cold out.  May I come inside?"


Whose print is this?  This belongs to Cherokee, our male (Tom) turkey.


With increased hours of sunlight each day, the hens start to lay more eggs!


"Do you have any food for me?" asks Traveler.


No comments:

Post a Comment